Saturday, June 5, 2010

End of the Year Review


This year has been amazing in this class! I have learned so many things and met some great people. Globaloria was just one of the many highlights of my year. I gained new skills in this class that are unique and are part of the 21st Century environment. We started out by making our mini games. I was proud of my mini game and my favorite part was the spinning carrot! We then moved on to making our big game. I teamed up with Tyler and we came up with a bunch of awesome ideas until we narrowed it down to one. We decided to make a game about helping the environment. We later then decided that we would call our game, Don't Be Mean, Go Green! The game would be about helping others make the right choices for the environment. We worked for months on the game. I did most of the coding and Tyler did most of the artwork. After having part of the game complete, we entered the 1st Annual STEM competition. Tyler and I were interview by David, one of the head Globaloria people in West Virginia, and his friend from New York. That was a great and rewarding experience. With our brilliant minds and our awesomeness, we finished the game in mid-May. We then created a presentation slide show and presented it via web conference. After that, we packed up our things and headed out the door into post high school life. I just uploaded the game to the game gallery and now we are waiting to see if we are selected winners in the STEM competition. Overall, it has been a great a successful year and I wish luck to those continuing in this next year and encourage others to be in this program.

No comments:

Post a Comment